Helton Chiropractic has a reputation for treating some of the toughest cases of pain and dysfunction in the region. We utilize a comprehensive evaluation which includes a detailed history, a thorough physical assessment, and digital X-ray evaluation if needed. Drawing on the clinical experience of treating thousands of patients and performing over one hundred fifty thousand chiropractic adjustments, we formulate a plan to not only reduce your pain but improve the root causes that make you hurt. We’ve treated patients ranging in age from newborn to over 95 years old. Dr. Helton’s training in disc problems and movement disorders allows him to make recommendations that may not have been available to patients before. Our treatment tools include:
- Chiropractic adjustments– Dr. Helton grew up being adjusted in a way that strongly stimulates the nervous system. He uses:
- OTZ Method: A treatment focused on adjusting the primary joints connecting the skull to the spine and geared toward frozen shoulder syndrome, chronic neck and headache pain, rib pain, and facial pain.
- Diversified Technique: the most widely used style of adjusting the spine. A firm but gentle method of full spine treatment.
- Extremity Adjusting: We don’t just treat the spine. The doctors are trained in treating shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand problems as well as hip, knee, and foot problems. We also treat the TMJ (Jaw) that can cause facial pain and headaches.
- Thompson Technique: utilizes a specialized table that uses the patient’s body weight to elicit movement in the joints. Very gentle and safe for patients that have fragile bones or are scared of “popping.”
- Impulse/Activator Adjusting: An electronic mechanical adjusting tool that has a precise amount of force and depth. Safe for infants and the elderly and osteoporotic patients. The adjustable force levels make it also great for the typical patient and can loosen up trigger points in muscles.
- Laser Pain Therapy: We use the Diolase 10 Class IV laser system. It is a powerful laser 10 times stronger than a “cold” laser. It penetrates deeply into tissues to reduce pain, promote healing, and reduce spasms. It’s safe and painless and can be used on areas of surgery and implanted such as artificial knees and hips. It’s relief you can feel with almost immediate changes in your pain and stiffness.
- Disc Decompression: Utilizing the Triton DTS system, we treat a variety of spinal disc issues such as bulging discs, herniated discs, degenerative discs, sciatica and “pinched” nerves of the neck and low back. DTS uses a computerized traction system that gently pulls and releases pressure on the disc and associated nerves.
- Therapeutic Exercises: These exercises are used to strengthen and stabilize affected areas. The goals are to increase pain free range of motion and restore normal skeletal alignment. These exercises are performed via:
- ATM2 Pro Rehab: The ATM is a machine using bracing straps to increase pain free range of motion and restore normal alignment. We use the ATM to retrain the brain to allow the body to move without pain and reduce abnormal spinal curvatures and posture.
- Whole Body Vibration Turbosonic: The Turbosonic uses a vertically vibrating platform to exercise the large muscles of the body without requiring the patient to move. This stimulates muscles and circulation in the legs and trunk. It’s exercise without the sweat!
- Active Exercises: These are various exercises geared towards improving flexibility and stability of affected areas. Using low tech equipment such as foam rollers, orthotics, and specific home exercises, these activities are done in office with the goal of patients being able to do them at home to continue care outside the office.
Most patients use a variety of therapies along with chiropractic adjustments to not only reduce pain but improve function to stay out of pain and live their lives at their fullest potential. Helton Chiropractic is a corrective care facility with the purpose of location, correction, and stabilization of abnormal skeletal problems.
Helton Chiropractic also works with a distinguished network of healthcare providers to insure that all conditions are fully managed.
We have referral relationships with:
- Neurosurgeons, Orthopedic Surgeons, Neurologists and Pain Management Medical Doctors highly trained in complex spinal and skeletal conditions
- MRI, CAT scan, and Medical Radiology facilities for specialized imaging of the spine
- Family Practice, Internal Medicine, and other medical specialists for non-chiropractic conditions
- Physical and Occupational Therapists for specific rehab and conditioning
- Massage therapists for therapeutic treatment of the muscles that support the spine.
Helton Chiropractic, we take great pride in providing the finest chiropractic care to each and every patient. We have included information below about the different chiropractic services offered in our Lubbock chiropractic office, but please call us at (806)797-4000 if you have any questions!
- Sciatica and leg pain
- Shoulder/Rotator cuff disorders
- Carpal Tunnel/wrist and elbow pain
- Migraines and tension headaches
- Bulging, Herniated, and Degenerative Discs
- Heel Spurs and Plantar Fascitis
- Sports Injuries
- Auto Accidents and whiplash
- Pregnancy related pain
- Face and Jaw (TMJ) problems
- Posture problems and scoliosis
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Nocturnal Enuresis (Bedwetting)
- Movement based pain
- Post Surgical Pain/Failed Back Syndrome
We provide spinal correction and chiropractic adjustments utilizing "state of the art" chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic care have chiropractors been able to provide the level of help and expertise that is available today. Many of the newest chiropractic techniques are actually safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a chiropractor who cares about utilizing the most advanced chiropractic techniques, Dr. Jason Helton has years of training, expertise and experience in helping patients get pain relief for back pain, neck pain, headaches, and other related conditions originating from the spine. Chiropractic care under a trained professional can even be used to prevent injuries and help you achieve total health or wellness.
At Helton Chiropractic, we teach our patients how to perform special "blueprint" exercises which can help strengthen and correct the irregularities in their body which may be causing pain. Many of these corrective exercises can actually be performed in the comfort of your own home to help improve the effectiveness of your chiropractic care and spinal correction plan. In addition to skeletal misalignment, you may be experiencing pain that is caused by muscles and connective tissues which are out of their proper place. Other types of pain such as back pain, neck pain, and headaches are caused by muscles and tissues that are being used improperly, causing injuries over time. In each case, targeted corrective exercises and stretches from our experienced chiropractor will help you feel good while also helping your body achieve balance and health.
Many of our patients come to see our chiropractor to address a specific pain symptom such as back pain, neck pain or headaches. While our chiropractor will address each patient's specific condition with chiropractic care, we often find it helpful to "coach" our patients towards achieving a healthier lifestyle. For example, there may be certain activities that you should avoid or do differently to prevent yourself from unintentionally aggravating your particular health challenges. The goal of including lifestyle advice with a chiropractic care plan is to help each and every patient achieve the fulfilling and happy lifestyle they deserve, one that is full of the activities that are enjoyed most. We recognize that every single one of our patients is a whole person, and we use our expertise to help them reach total health and wellness.
Massage therapy does more than make you feel good, it can actually help your body achieve balance and health. Massage therapy offers a natural treatment approach which actually relieves musculoskeletal pain for many patients. Our chiropractic office provides specific massage and muscular therapy that is complimentary to their chiropractic care. Each massage therapy plan is tailored to meet the patient's unique pain condition or injury. The benefits of massage therapy may include the increase of blood circulation, a localized reduction in swelling and the relaxation of muscles. Massage has been known to relieve muscle pain and spasms, increase a patient's range of motion, while also aiding in a patient's recovery. Some investigative studies have even indicated that a single session of massage may help boost your immune system!
Spinal & Postural Screenings
There is a saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Your spinal health is no exception. Posture and spinal screenings by a trained and experienced chiropractor such as Dr. Jason Helton can help reveal important health information, unlocking the door to improved health and well-being. In order to help the Lubbock community, we provide screenings at area malls, community events, health fairs and places of employment. Contact us today at (806)797-4000 to arrange a screening at your event or workplace.